Monday, April 20, 2009

Hail, damnit, Eraser sized Hail

Well, you know your sleep schedule is a little out of wack when you are making yourself a chicken, avocado, sheep's cheese omelet at a quarter to 2 in the morning. In my defense, I have been attempting to structure my days in a more normal fashion. Saturday was probably my most successful attempt. I got up around 9, took a shower, gave myself a haircut, and went for a long bikeride. But now it is freezing outside again, which has me feeling vaguely angry at the weather, or nature, or some other uncontrollable force, which is very unlike me. It feels like the universe owes me some perfect sunny days, and it had better start coughing them up. Perhaps, after such a bad winter, I just started telling myself that everything would be perfect with the onset of spring and warm weather, which of course is not how things function.

This morning I was trying to think up some cheap and easy meals to help save money. I came up with a 15 minute meal that is quite good, amazingly filling, and costs less than $2. I just cooked some buckwheat and black beans, then added coconut oil, seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder. It had a wonderfully rich and earthy flavor and kept me full right up until dinner, which is saying a lot, because most of the veggie meals that I eat don't leave me feeling full at all, even after I eat several meals worth of them.

I had to make one of those "where's my money" phonecalls today to an architect who owes me from a job I did a month ago, and he forwarded me to his answering machine, which is not a good sign, hopefully he is just on vacation or something, and I left a long voicemail asking if he had gotten my invoice. I am hoping that since I spent 3 months
painting in his sister's house, he will have to pay up eventually knowing that I will have to be doing touchups for her for years to come. Who knows though. I have never understood people.

No comments:

Post a Comment