Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Simple Meals to Remember

I was just looking on the Whole Approach forum for Candida sufferers tonight (My source for all food choices since I was afflicted with malicious gut yeast last summer) trying to find out if there is even the remotest chance of my bringing an occasional glass of wine back into my diet; Life just seems so much less romantic if I can't have a glass with dinner every now and then. Sadly, the answer seemed to be a resounding No. Gin (rank tree sap) seemed to be the only alcohol anyone could tolerate.
I did however come across a couple simple meals to round out my evenings... The first was Garlic sautéed Shrimp with Basil, tomatoes and snow peas served over Quinoa, and the second consisted of browned Hamburger, Onions and Cabbage with diced Tomatoes and Seasoning. I haven't added red meat into my diet, and this choice pre-dates my current dietary problems by 6 years, but maybe as an occasional treat it wouldn't hurt... especially if there were to be avocado, sau
téed onions, and perhaps some mushrooms involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment